A fishing rod and reel are two essential pieces of equipment for any fisherman. But what do you do with them when you’re not using them? Store them in a case, of course! In this article, we’ll show you how to make a fishing rod and reel case so that you can keep your gear in good condition and protected from the elements.
My passion for fishing
I have always been passionate about fishing. When I was younger, I would go out on my father’s boat and fish with him. I loved being out on the water, feeling the cool breeze, and waiting for a fish to bite. As I grew older, I began to appreciate the challenge of fishing: trying to outsmart a fish and get it to take the bait.
I started my own blog about fishing because I wanted to share my passion with others. I wanted to show people that fishing is more than just a hobby; it’s a way of life. On my blog, you’ll find tips and tricks on how to catch fish, where to find the best fishing spots, and what type of equipment you need. You’ll also learn about the different types of fish and how to cook them.
Whether you’re an experienced fisherman or someone who’s just getting started, I hope you’ll find my blog helpful and informative.
The tools you need to make a fishing rod and reel case
Assuming you have a fishing rod and reel that you need to transport, you’ll need a few supplies to make a corresponding case. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2″ PVC pipe
- PVC pipe cutter
- PVC primer and cement
- Tape measure
- 1/4″ bit
- 1 1/2″ hole saw
- Ruler or straight edge
- Permanent marker
Once you have all of your materials, follow these steps to make your fishing rod and reel case:
- Cut two pieces of 1/2″ PVC pipe to the desired length of your case using a PVC pipe cutter. These will be the side pieces of your case.
- Apply PVC primer to the ends of the PVC pipes and then apply PVC cement. Allow the cement to dry for about 10 seconds before moving on to the next step.
- Place one of the side pieces of PVC pipe horizontally on a flat surface. Measure and mark two points at the top and bottom of the pipe that are 1/2″ in from each side.
How to make a fishing rod and reel case?
A fishing rod and reel case is a great way to protect your gear and keep it organized. Here’s how to make your own fishing rod and reel case:
- Start by measuring the length of your fishing rod. Then, add a few inches to that measurement and cut a piece of PVC pipe to that size.
- Cut two pieces of fabric that are slightly larger than the circumference of the PVC pipe. Sew these pieces of fabric together, leaving an opening at one end.
- Slip the fabric over the PVC pipe, lining up the seam with one end of the pipe. Sew the fabric to the pipe, using a sewing machine or needle and thread.
- Cut a third piece of fabric that is twice the width of the PVC pipe. Fold this piece in half lengthwise and sew it shut. Then, sew this tube of fabric to one end of the fabric-covered pipe.
The benefits of making your own fishing rod and reel case
There are many benefits to making your own fishing rod and reel case. For one, it can save you a lot of money. Store-bought cases can be quite expensive, and if you’re an avid fisherman, you know that the cost of gear can really add up. Making your own case will also allow you to customize it to better suit your needs. You can make it any size you want and add compartments or pockets for extra tackle or line.
After reading this article, you should now know how to make a fishing rod and reel case! This is a great way to protect your investment and keep your equipment organized and ready to go. With a little bit of time and effort, you can easily make a case that will last for years.